Friday, September 26, 2014

A Thousand Fears

I told you that I left my steady hands
back home again but all you had to
offer me were gloves to hide the
tremurs. I've never been too good at hiding.                     

My cheeks burn too brightly to be hidden.         
                                  
My eyes falter at hiding any feelings.

Forgive me for being so forgetful but
I can't keep track of everything it
takes to be acceptable
in your eyes. I try anyways and end
up falling because I lifted my eyes off
the ground.                         

I would never ask anything of you. My
hands may shake and my feet may
stumble, but I haven't forgotten how
to stand on my own. If you must
give me something, offer me your
patience every time I fall. Offer
an escape if nothing else.

Because I'm tired of ending up here,
surrounded by a thousand fears.

I'm tired of hands that shake too hard
to reach for anything of substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment